Friday, June 24, 2005

Interview

I had an interview this morning. It was at a place where they do activities with developmentally disabled people. I've never done this kind of work before.

When I was married, my husband worked in a place like this. He had to quit after getting kicked in the head a few too many times. The doctor said one more concussion and he was a goner, so my then-husband found other work. I never thought much about it...after all, I myself wanted to kick him almost every day...I figured it was just him.

After the lady interviewing me asked me whether I'd pass a background check, of course, she told me about how violent these "clients" were, but then mentioned the words "worst-case scenario". After pretending to admire her Louis Vuitton knockoff of a handbag, I was outta' there!

Gotta' go call my ex and ask how his head is doing...