Saturday, August 27, 2005

Catch-22

Okay, so my welfare worker needs me to come in and sign some papers.

The hours that the welfare office is open are the same hours that I am at work.
After my worker spent weeks whining and bitching that I "needed to be self-sufficient" and that "getting a job is the best thing that you can do for you and your family", she would like me to take time off of work to come sign papers.

And yes, it gets even better, that time away from work will count against me, as I have a minimum number of hours I am supposed to be at work!
What the fuck???!!
I called her and left a message (as it was after hours, the only free time I have to make a phone call) for her to mail me the papers, and I would mail them back.
No response. No mail.
So, she either
a) doesn't know how to use an envelope and stamp OR
b) she's just a power-tripping bitch

Hmmm....I vote for the...well, actually, it might be a tie.

No comments: