Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dreams

I have had more crazy dreams about work. This is driving me nuts, it really is. I go to work during the day, and I dream that I am at work during the night. I need to not be at work!! For a day or two, at least!
I was dreaming that I had my register set-up in my living room. Surrounding me were tables of jewelry boxes and knick-knacks, oriental carpets on the floors, along with my regular living room furniture. I was so tired in my dream, all I wanted to do was lay my head down and rest. But then a person walks up to my register, and I startle and say "I wasn't sleeping, I was just resting my eyes!" I was scared that I was going to get fired for sleeping at my register, so I came back with a quick, "Were you going to be purchasing anything, or are you just looking today?"

The next thing I know, my girlfriend is shaking me awake. She is laughing and repeats to me what I said in my dream! Apparently, I was talking out loud, and she thought it was freakin' hilarious. I was so tired, I fell back asleep (half sleep??) to her laughter, until this morning, when she asked me after I woke up if I remembered anything from last night.
I didn't. So she got to tell me the whole story again, and I explained to her what had been happening in the dream. Okay, I laughed too, this time.
But I'm taking a sleeping pill or something. This has got to stop.

No comments: