Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Happy Getting Off Welfare Month!

Here it is, May already. Guess where I am right now as I am writing this? At work! I really really enjoy my job. Would you like to know what I am doing?
To put it simply, I am a welfare worker.
Yes, you read that correctly. The broke mom who tried so very hard to get off of the welfare system now works for the welfare system! As of this month, I make so much money, I don't qualify for public assistance. Anywhere.
Some friends who read this blog have asked me, "Are you going to change the name of your blog since you're not on government assistance anymore?"
Nope. My blog will still be Anyone For GovernmentAde?. However, now we'll see things from the other side. The side of the welfare worker, not the welfare mom. Rather than telling you about what a bitch my worker was, I can now tell you what I as a worker think of the applying public. And you can call me a bitch. Huh.
Good times...good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the day that I was told I no longer qualified for rental assistance and the day I applied for my own health insurance! What a great day!! Congratulations!