Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Quirky Me and My Control Issues

I have a grocery-bagging quirk. And I have decided to share it with the world, in hopes that I am one of many.
I have a very precise method to bagging my groceries. It irritates me when I am with someone else (boyfriend, other friend) and they bag my groceries for me. Helpful, yes. I appreciate the help. But I am still annoyed.
All of the produce needs to be in a separate bag. As does the bread. Crackers are not a bread item, all boxed goods go into a separate bag. The meat goes into a bag with only meat.
Are we seeing a pattern here?
Frozen items in a bag. Dairy products in another. (Ice cream is dairy, not frozen.)
Each item fits into a category, (I get to specify the category), and each category gets its own bag. Easy, yes?
If I am in a hurry, I will still bag according to my method. If I am with someone who is in a hurry, that person throws whatever into any bag and I am annoyed and irritated and thinking about all those mixed-up groceries until we can unpack them.
It's a system that makes me feel better. But it makes me wonder...is this one of those things that I have to control because I can, or do I just like organized groceries?

No comments: