Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Today Is The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life


Today is the first day of school. Liitle J is in kindergarten and Big J is in fourth grade.
New school to all of us. The doors are all open to welcome the children, however, no room numbers are visable! I was able to find Big J's class without too much trouble, but it took a few stops and questions to find the kindergarten classroom. (I was also a little snotty to the people I asked. I don't think they heard the desperation in my voice, just the bitch.)
Anyhow, Little J pulls on my hand and says, "I want to whisper something in your ear."
She whispered, "Mommy, I'm a little bit scared."
And Mommy had to reassure her (without crying) that everybody was going to be a little bit scared today. When we found her class, she said it was too small.
We met her teacher (I don't know her name, but I like the way she accessorizes) and I gave her a hug (Little J, not the teacher), and off I went. Bitching the whole way back to the truck about not being able to find any freakin' room numbers! (In my head, of course.)
I shed a few tears. I forgot to put the chocolate-covered raisins in Little J's backpack like she requested, so I cried over that as well. But at the end of the day, I will pick them up from school and smother them with kisses...and chocolate-covered raisins.

No comments: