Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Floating We Will Go

I bought a boat yesterday. Those of you who know me, I know what you're thinking. "A what? Does that say 'boat'? Why on earth did she buy a boat?"
I bought a 1973 Chris Craft boat that has a 350 Corvette engine in it. It goes fast.
I know, I know, I haven't answered the glaringly obvious question yet.
Last summer we went out on a nearby lake with said boat and had a great time. When the owner wanted to sell it, for a very affordable price, well...heck, why not? I mean, who doesn't want a boat?
Certainly not I. Me?
We can take the boat out this summer and find great camping spots, far away from the drunken fire-happy morons we seemed to find last summer. I can say things like, "Hey, we're going out on the boat this weekend, wanna' come?" Or, "Mr. SoandSo, would you like to go waterskiing next weekend?" Even better is "Girls, would you like to invite a friend to go boating?"
BrokeMom is a boat owner. Who'd a thunk it?


^
^
There's a link to a picture of the boat I bought...but rest assured, I got a better deal than $13,000. Good grief did I.

No comments: