Monday, June 13, 2005

On the road to self-sufficiency

I don't want to be on welfare anymore. I've decided that living off the government is not something for me. I think I'll try to find a job!
Talked to my caseworker--in order to access services for jobseekers, I have to be what's called "compliant". Apparently, I haven't been in compliance for the past two years. I was going to college and finishing my AA degree, but the government doesn't count my education as something worthwhile...I should have been WORKING instead!
Let's see...go to college so I can find a great job afterwards and never have to live off the system again OR ignore college and work at a minimum-wage job/barely scrape by for the rest of my life. Hmm....
I get to go to something called 'Job Club'. Ooh boy, a club! I haven't been in a club since Campfire Girls in fourth grade!