Tuesday, June 14, 2005

First Day of Job Club

Uh...I don't think this club is going to be much fun. I get to sit in a tiny room from 8:45 AM until 3:00 PM and listen to this old man talk about getting a job.

Of course I want to get a job, or I wouldn't be here, right? It seems that this club is mandatory for incoming welfare moms, (welfare people? Where are the welfare dads?) and some of the others seem upset that they had no choice to be here.

I look ridiculous. Well, I actually look pretty good, but I certainly feel silly. I was told I had to be dressed "interview-ready". So I am wearing my black top and my new Old Navy white peasant skirt, small black heels, and an adorable
black and white scarf. I am interview ready!!

But the other girls must be interviewing at, um, other places, because they got to all wear jeans and flip-flops. Not fair!