Saturday, November 04, 2006

Operation Ass-Shrinking

My blasted diet is not working. Probably because I can't manage to stay on the damn thing. I try to do the whole no/low carb thing, but I get sloppy. Hungry. Whatever. I get to thinking, "Oh, I could eat this apple. It's a fruit carb. And fiber! That's good for me."
And an apple turns into a slice of low-carb bread. The low-carb bread turns into regular bread and lunch meat. Before you know it, the kids find me huddled in the closet of a dark room, surrounded by cookie crumbs and It'sIt wrappers with chocolate smeared all over my face.
It's not pretty.

2 comments:

samantha said...

Due to my recent liver problems the doctor has put me on a diet that I have to follow and it seems to be working. It's not too hard, and you can actually eat sugars and breads every once in a while. Only eat 1200-1300 calories a day. What I did was went and bought a calorie counter book and just look everything up before I eat it. Smaller servings, but the same food. I don't exercise that much and I have lost 5 lbs now. Let me know how it works.

Ina said...

Just remember - in the bathroom with the lights off - it doesn't count. ^_-

I'd be there to support and go through it again with you... but uhm.... yeah I can't. Give me nine months though and I'll jump right on that wagon!