Monday, May 28, 2007

To Save Some Land. And a House.

It's done, it's over. It's just the beginning. On Friday I signed mortgage papers.Lots of them. I had no idea how much paperwork a mortgage generated. But I've done it. My credit was good and my income was better, I am now joint owner to House and 13 acres on which House sits. When my mother eventually passes, House will not fall into probate, it will be mine. Well, and the bank's. Then I can delegate to my brother and then, my and his future children.
It is a pretty big power trip, that I saved this. Brokemom likes being needed, don't you know that?
I am being good to House. The refinancing enables House to get a new roof, and central heat/air. Okay, okay, and a jacuzzi. Sheesh! What's a girl gotta' do to get a jucuzzi soak around here?

No comments: