Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hi-Ho, Hi-ho

Tomorrow I have to go to work. Notice how quickly the 'I get' turns into the 'I have'. Whew, what's it been? Two weeks? At most?

My kids start in on me early. "Mommy, do you haaaaave to go to work?"
"But we'll miss you!"
My oldest daughter has resorted to a cute one, "Mommy, I want to learn how to do the laudry. You said you'd teach me! When can you teach me how to do the laundry?"
The strange thing is that she did ask me a few months ago if she could learn to do laundry. I think that I thought she was going to bug me for chore money, so I laughed it off. I think I really do need to start teaching her...I should ask my mother when I learned about that domestic stuff. My mother is way cleaner than me though. Almost OCD about it. Now that I look back, I remember a time where she forced me to vacume a particular area of rug in the house over and over until she said it was clean...
I am much more lenient about my housekeeping, uh, skills. My house is pretty clean. It's just that it's very disorganized and cluttered.
But it's a space issue, I swear! And a bit of a packrat problem. Combined with a shopping obsession...however, I did go shopping for plastic organizer/buckets yesterday. I'M TRYING.

I also have a job interview tomorrow morning. Eh, what was that? You thought that I was done with those trivial things?
No, this is for a county job with benefits that I applied for a while ago my welfare mommy income will quadruple thus leaving the ranks of the "low-income" that takes forever because over 200 people started out applying and we have to be systematically weeded through.
I'm a flower, dammit! A flower!

1 comment:

fezmonkey said...

I think the fleas probably are from the previous tenant. The disgusting part about that is that I've lived here for almost a year and didn't notice. I kind of hope I picked them up from some outside source and brought them in because the idea that I've had fleas for a year grosses me out like few other things. As far as laundry goes, I started doing my own when I was in fifth or sixth grade. I didn't really do it that much which probably explains why everyone called me Captain Smelly.